3/28/2014

[Spot] Yoon Shi-yoon and Yeo Jin-goo’s New Movie ‘Mr. Perfect'

 Yoon Shi-yoon and Yeo Jin-goo are doing the same pose as on the poster

Press screening for <Mr. Perfect> was held at the Lotte Cinema KonKuk University with the participation of the director Kim Myung-kyun and the cast including Yun Shi-yun, Yeo Jin-goo, Park Sang Myun and Lee Byung Joon.

 

The movie <Mr. Perfect> is a story of a former star-golfer Baek Se-Jin (Yoon Si-Yoon) who has lost everything from a drunken driving accident. He goes to an island to recover, and discovers a school that is about to be closed. To save the school that has 6 students, the trouble maker Lee Byeong-Joo (Yeo Jin-Goo) and innocent children go on an adventure.

 

2-1

Here are some of the questions asked to the actors during the press screening.
 
- How do you feel about acting without any dialogues and lines?
 
Yoon Shi-yoon – Still learning how to act, I actually felt under pressure thinking the fact that I had to act and express emotions without saying anything. But after the shooting began I started acting with the other actors and
I was able to act without lines and express various emotions.
 
 
- <To Yeo Jin-goo> You look younger than now. How do you feel about that?
 
Yeo Jin-goo – Well, I haven’t watched the movie yet. But I did watched the trailer and yeah, I definitely look younger in the movie. It would be strange a little to see myself looking young on the screen. But that actually gives me the chance to look back on the moment I was acting.
 
 
- <To Yoon Shi-yoon> You played a character who suffers a slump. Have you also been in a slump?
 
Yoon Shi-yoon – ‘Baek Se-Jin’ suffered a slump when he felt lost and had no idea what to do. But then he met the children and fell in love with golf again and got out of the slump. The movie doesn’t tell you whether Baek succeeds in the end. When I made a debut on a drama, the TV rating was 25%, then it went up to 50%. I think being complacent is the worst slump you can have.
 
 
- <To Yeo Jin-goo> You played a country boy living in an island. Are there any reasons for accepting the role?
Yeo Jin-goo – Well, I thought ‘Byung-ju’ was a very interesting character and I liked that the movie was about golf. ‘Byung-ju’ had many teachers who came to the island then went away, which let him down. Then he starts to recover from the hurt after he meets Mr, Baek. What is funny is that I didn’t need to wear much make-up as I naturally had my skin tanned working on an island. My skin is pretty dark anyway. (Laughter)
 
 
4
 
<To Park Sang-myun> You played Yeo Jin-goo’s father who is an alcoholic. Are there any acting tips?
 
Park Sang-myun – I don’t have any bad drinking habits. I had to remind myself of the feeling I have when I’m drunk. It’s been pretty long since the filming ended. Yeo Jin-goo, my son in the movie, had a small face and look very cute but he grew up a lot since then. I think I should call him ‘Mr. Yeo’. Speaking the dialect was challenging to me. There have been some problems until the release of the movie. I hope everything goes well now. Yeo Jin-goo’s starred in the movie before he appeared on ‘Moon Embracing the Sun’
 
 
<To Yoon Shi-yoon and  Yeo Jin-goo> The subject of the movie is golf. What effort did you make to play your characters?
 
ve become more interested in golf after this movie. Now I want to play golf more with people I know.shares his feelings with others through golf.
He is a gold prodigy who is trained by a former golfer who was hugely successful. I had golf lessons with Shi-yoon for 3 to 4 months and learned basic golf postures.
 
3
  
Can you tell me stories behind casting decisions?
 
Director – I wanted to cast Yeo Jin-goo after watching ‘King of Baking, Kim Takgu’. He is handsome and wants to act really well. He often makes me smile. I thought he was the right guy for his character. I was happy to hear that he liked the story of good people.
Yeo Jin-goo was in the sixth grade when I first met him. I couldn’t find anyone suitable for the character among all those actors who auditioned for the role. Then I came across Yeo Jin-goo in the movie ‘Sad Movie’. When I met him I saw ‘Lee Byung-ju’ from him. I liked the way he looked and his deep dark eyes. And he began shooting when he was in the 8th grade.
 
 
<To Yoon Shi-yoon and Yeo Jin-gu> How was it to play the teacher and the student each other in the movie?
 
Yoon Shi-yoon – It is not just an ordinary teacher and student relationship. The teacher lost his dream while the student never had one. Then they together found their dream, golf. Golf isn’t depicted as a hard sport in the movie. It is not only about teaching but also finding something together like friends or partners do. Yeo Jin-goo and I may look like friends or brothers in the movie.

 
Do you want to say anything to movie viewers?
 
Yoon Shi-yoon – I felt really appreciated about every part of the movie. It’s taken a long time to show you this movie since the beginning of the shooting. I think the movie can make every one of you happy. It’s a great movie to watch in the spring with people you love, your family and friends.
Yeo Jin-goo – We really wanted to show you this movie. It’s really great that we can finally release it. Spring is the best season to play golf, which makes it perfect to watch the movie. You should feel the spring watching the
movie with the people you love, your friends or family. Come to the cinema on April 3rd and watch it.
 
 
Any ‘movie pledges’ to make?
Yoon Shi-yoon – If the movie draws 5 million viewers I want Yeo Jin-goo to dance like a girl band.
Park Sang-myun – If it draws 5.5 million viewers I want to see both Yoon Shi-yoon and Yeo Jin-gu dance Girls’ Generation’s dance moves.
Yeo Jin-goo – If it is more than 5 million viewers I will dance like girl-bands with Yoon Shi-yoon.
 
 
5
Yeo Jin-goo, the youngest in the cast is also enjoying the press screening.
Everyone was cheerful especially after the long wait for the release of the movie.
 
Written by Han Jihee, Photographed by Ryuma, Translated by Lee Sarah

This post is also available in

[Korean] [Japanese] [Chinese]

No comments:

Post a Comment