3/17/2014

[Interview] Passionate Actor – Lee Ji-Hoon (Part 2)

Lee Ji-Hoon ordered Green Tea Latte, but since it wasn’t on the menu, he didn’t get to drink what he wanted. I feel sorry for that even now, as I edit his interview – because he tried his best at answering every single question.

Hoping to buy him the Green Tea Latte in the next interview, here’s the second part of his interview, about his drama and personal life.





- It has been a year since your debut drama ‘School 2013’ ended. How do you feel?


I have the same thoughts for the ‘School 2013’ from the beginning – I’m thankful for the great director, and for the viewers who enjoyed the show. It is a precious drama that let my foot in acting.



- Before you were cast for the drama, you’re said to have had a great aspiration for acting.


While it can be too ambitious, I want to play all kinds of characters. I tink this is a mindset that only new actors can have. If it doesn’t change as time passes, it will become a passion.



- Are you still keeping in touch with ‘Oh-Yi-Ji’ (Oh Jeong-Ho, Lee Yi-Gyeong, Lee Ji-Hoon) members?


Well, we’re not talking to each other as much. Yi-Gyeong played the secretary for ‘You Came the Star,’ Jeong-Ho (Gwak Jeong-Wook) is shooting the movie and I’m busy with Golden Rainbow. Not much we could do. Since we are all busy, I tend to hesitate to contact them.



- You played the secretary of Jo Jung-Suk in ‘You’re the Best, Lee Soon-Shin.’ How was it?


It was a confusing role – it was a bit tough. Since I shot my first drama with people my age, I couldn’t get used to the formal environment at the scene. I was so nervous; looking back, I don’t know why I was.

I wanted to play ‘Jo In-Seong’ like a gangster, but how can such secretary exist? I wanted to make the drama enjoyable with my presence. Since IU cried so much in the drama, I wanted to make my scenes as the rest stops.



- You showed a great feat in ‘’Our Neighborhood Arts and Physical Education –Badminton’ Even the ratings went up.


I did my best when I got there. While the ratings increase was not solely because of me, I did my best.



- You also designed clothes in ‘Fashion King Korea.’


I started it because I wanted to learn, and I learned a lot. If I hadn’t met the designer Kim Hong-Beom, it would’ve been quite tough. He treated me so well, and I still keep in touch with him. Designer Park Yoon-Soo said that Kim will lead the Korean fashion in the future. It is my honor to have worked right next to him.





- How do you spend your time off


People tell me, “How do you live like that?’ I play soccer a lot. I don’t drink, and I don’t go to clubs. I just hang out with my friends Tae-Woong, Yo-Han, and my stylist, watch movies, and play soccer near my house. I meet many people because of soccer, and it is fun to people watch.



- It seems that you will only get a girlfriend once you stop playing soccer.


I don’t have much humor or wit, so girls will probably be bored. I also talk straightforward – I don’t hold anything back.



- Shouldn’t you save certain comments?


I say as I feel. I don’t hesitate to say ‘I love you,’ or ‘I miss you.’ I’m that way to my friends as well. I’m honest.



- Don’t you play any games? Like ‘LOL?’


I don’t know how to play such thing. (laughs)



- You used to reply all SNS comments from your fans


I’m not good at taking care of my fans. As I reply whatever I see, I often fail to reply to everything. I try to cheer up the older people, and give advices to those that are younger than me, as I have more experience.

In my case, I did not have any mentors who could give me advices on military services or my dream. Everyone was against my decisions. Mysteriously, my fans talk about their dreams. I think it is a good thing to share your dreams. I want to be a help for them.



- Talk to me about your dog ‘Sarang.’


I brought her here. (smiles) She’s sleeping in the car. I spend much of my time with her now. I play less soccer to play with her. I had some tough time, but she’s keeping me on my feet.



- Right. An actor needs such being.


‘Sarang’ is a female, and I don’t think I can find a girl like her. She keeps her eyes on me all day.






- Do you have a favorite K-Pop song or artist?


I like Changmin of TVXQ. For girl groups, I like Sistar.



- I heard that you were once a trainee at DSP.


It was a passing moment. I got in because I wanted to act – I didn’t want to become an idol. Because of certain circumstances, I took a different direction, but I could tell that I was getting depressed. I’ve come to make a firm decision on what I want.



- It must have become a chance for you to set your mind on acting.


I can’t be an idol. I’m terrible at dancing. If I become one, I would feel sorry for those who have the dream of becoming an idol. I don’t like dancing, so I don’t even go to clubs.



- Through dramas, actors are advancing overseas. Do you have any ambitions?


First of all, I want to get established as an actor in Korea. Once I do so, those things will naturally happen. I hope I can act as much as I can.



- It seems that you really want to act a lot


Whatever the role is, I’m for it. For movies, I’ll start with a walk-on. Since I’ve done three dramas, I hope I start to get bigger roles.



- What is your biggest concern these days?


I always look back on my acting – if I’m doing it right. I want to reflect upon myself, and plan for the next drama. I don’t have any other thoughts. I want to mature through my current drama. I also want to act in another drama as soon as possible.

Thanks to ‘Sarang,’ I’m doing alright (laughs) I’m always thinking how I can improve my acting.



- I’m sure you heard this question a lot – how do you want to be remembered as an actor.


I want to be an actor to be looked forward to, even during the breaks. Just like Shin Ha-Kyun. He doesn’t do much acting these days, so I keep re-watching ‘Brain.’



- Do you have anything else you want to say?


Can I say something to my friends?



- Whatever you’d like.


I originally wanted to say it on TV… Yo-Han works at the KBS sound team, I hope you work hard without thinking about other things. With Tae-Woong, we lost touch, but I was able to get in touch again – I felt the importance of the friendship. He once lost his purpose in life, but regained it through the parcel service. Even though others may look down on it, I’m really glad that he has found something he likes. I hope he treats me once we’re 30 years old.

And, I really want to do movies.





If you want to read more~




No comments:

Post a Comment