5/07/2014

Song Seung-heon's New Movie! Addicted and Dangerous Love Story, ‘Human Addiction’


On May 7th, the press screening for ‘Human Addiction’ was held at Wangsimni CGV in Haengdang-dong, Seongdong-gu with the participation of director Kim Dae-woo and the cast including Song Seung-heon, Lim Ji-yeon, Jo Yeo-jung and On Joo-wan.

<Human Addiction> , the adults only melodrama is set in 1969 at the tail-end of Vietnam War, and describes the secretive but exceptional love story in the military office under strict rules and hierarchy.
The reporters asked questions to Song Seung-heon.

- The actors show huge change in acting styles. How did you decide to film this movie?

I have trust in the director. I have watched all the movies directed by him. But this movie is a little different from the others. I wondered how he would direct the movie. I knew the movie includes nudity but I was more worried about the relationships of the characters. The setting itself was a challenge. I watched the final version of the movie and I thought I made a good decision.

- Did you find it difficult to shoot nude scenes?

It is my first time to shoot nude scenes. The director helped me a lot to cope with it. The scenes feature the most natural and beautiful times in the relationships of a man and a woman. After talking to director Kim, I felt that they are all natural. I would have hesitated if I had the offer a few years ago. But now I want to try new things. My images work as boundaries for me, which trapped me inside.
I felt light during shooting ‘Human Addiction’. Now there are various characters I would like to play. I want to be remembered as Song Seung-heon from ‘Human Addiction’.

5
Song Seung-heon plays ‘Kim jin-pyeong’ and shoots nude scenes in the new movie.

- You character is different from the past roles. What was your focus while playing the new character?

The biggest burden was the nude scenes as the movie is a story about love between a military officer and the wife of his junior officer. I was not sure if I could be able to express the first addictive love of my character well. That was the part I focused on first more than any other things about acting. I talked a lot with director Kim about how I could deliver the love story better to the audience. I did not ask director Kim about the degree of nudity. The director thanks me for that too.

- What are your messages to the audience?

It has been 4 years since my last movie. I hope I made the right decision and the audience can related to the touching story. I would love it if the movie gets popular. But I hope many people feel that actor Song Seung-heon can look different. I have never heard that this kind of melodrama drew more than 4 million viewers. I want to see On Joo-wan swim in the Han River. (On Joo-wan said he would swim in the Han river if the movie draws more than 5 million viewers.)

‘Human Addiction’ directed by Kim Dae-woo, who has directed ‘Forbidden Quest’ and ‘A Story of Bangja’, will be released on May 14th.


Written by Han Jihee, Photography by Ryuma, Translated by Lee Sarah



This post is also available in


No comments:

Post a Comment